Another yoga story

I increased my Shavasana time to eight minutes. The goal is to reach fifteen minutes, which is the longest the app I use offers. I would probably be able to stay in meditation mode in Shavasana for the whole fifteen minutes already, but there is no need to rush life, I am taking things slowly and making sure I enjoy the ride.

So I did my yoga session this morning as usually and finished with the meditation moment, laying down relaxed like a dead person. Today my mind decided to go on a different adventure thought. I guess because the app was playing some ambient sounds, like wind and waves, it transported me to a beach. I found myself standing on white sand feeling the salty breeze touch my face. Going to the beach is certainly one of the things I miss the most during this eternal quarantine time.

I saw myself in that beautiful scenario, perfect as only imagination can build, and I wanted to enjoy the most every sensation of being there. I focused. I felt my feet on the sand, that rough feeling or it scrubbing my skin, it was warm and then it was cold as I approached the water. My feet digging the sand and the grains passing between my toes. I grabbed some in my hands and felt the texture. I then lifted my head, closed my eyes and focused on the breeze. I walked towards the water. There was this huge ocean in from of me, with a very clear blue water, small waves washing the shore. The water touched my feet, not too cold, just about the right temperature. I slowly walked inside, feeling as the water rose touching different parts of my body, until I was completely immersed, only my head poking out. Then I submerged my head, my eyes closed, felt the water washing my hair.

The thing is, my mind has its troubles. One problem I have is this irrational fear of the ocean and all the life that lies underneath the water. Then while I was diving in that marvelous ocean focusing on the delicious sensations that salty water can give us, some monsters appeared too. I saw something big swimming towards me, I saw some crabs approaching my feet, and at a certain point I felt there were fishes all around. At first I tried avoiding all those creatures, I made the big thing change its course and swim away from me. But it eventually came back and all of them only stopped bothering me when I decided they should be my friends and I should not fear them. So I decided to pet this big monster that was swimming in my direction, and in the end the crab just touched my feet with its head the way cats do when they want attention. I obviously didn't cure my irrational fear of the ocean, but in my head I could feel comfortable in the water with all those creatures around me, at least for some time.

I spent a lot of time enjoying that day at the beach. It lasted eight minutes in the real world, but it felt really like a whole day there. I went out of the water, washed away the salt with a big shower with fresh water. I could sunbathe and feel the warmth all around my body. I could lay in a hammock feeling my skin warm and my body relaxed, I got that delicious lazy feeling of laying completely stress free hearing the sound of the waves in the background. I could even eat some fried fish and drink some coconut water, cold, sweet, straight out of the coconut.

Then the lady from the app said "become aware of your breath once more, wiggle your toes and your fingers" and I was back at my living room. It always takes a while for me to open my eyes. I like the feeling of my enhanced sense of touch. I then realized how grateful I am for being able to move my feet, my hands, my legs. How wonderful it is to have control over my body's movements. Have you ever thought of that? That realization gave me great joy in that moment.

Something else I realized I am grateful for is the amount of wonderful things I could do in my life until now. All those amazing sensation I could experience during the meditation, I don't think I would be able to imagine them if I haven't lived them before. I think I get all of them from my memories. And isn't our memory wonderful and funny? It amplifies the good sensations and diminishes the impact of the bad ones. At least mine does that. But I will tell you about that in another opportunity.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas