This black beverage that brings us comfort

It tricks us with its sweet smell. It makes us want it every time. We like it hot, but we must be careful. If we drink it with too much desire it might burn our mouth. It is certainly something we learn to like. We truly learn to need it. No one I know was born with a taste for it. The smell is amazing, that's for sure. But the first time we put that liquid in our tongue we feel a bit of regret, for it has a very bitter taste. Some might try to sweeten it with sugar or something else. The same way they do with life, hide the bitter taste with sugar. But sugar is bad for your teeth, for the rest of your body too. For me, I like it bitter. Of course, I had to learn and developed a taste for it throughout life. Though I never liked it with sugar. I like things for what they are, faking never found it's place in my heart. It took some getting used to, I had it with foamed milk in the beginning. But as it goes with life itself, we grow older and start appreciating it's bitterness. I have it black now almost every time. That's how it is supposed to be. After we are used to the bitter taste we are free to appreciate the other notes, the ones that linger in our palate, the ones that stay on our tongue. It is really an addictive practice, to consume this beverage. It brings us comfort and energy, it makes us believe we need it. Having it too often might make you stop experiencing its benefits. It won't give you as much energy anymore. You will need more and more of it. Too much of it can harm you. And when you are left without it you suffer. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas