Another yoga revelation

I did my daily yoga this morning. I have been trying to progress slowly with my practice so I increased the length of it to 40 minutes instead of it's previous half hour. Besides, I used to stay in Shavasana for three minutes and now I remain in the joyful immobility for whole five minutes. I must confess it was harder today, my arms were tired for some reason and because I had to make a bigger effort during the practice the feeling of relaxation when Shavasana came was even stronger. I laid there on my yoga mat, with my body all soft and my eyes closed. My tongue relaxed filling my whole mouth.

Now, have you ever noticed all those lights we see when we close our eyes? I mean, I am supposing it happens to everyone and not just me. I close my eyes and I see many lights and colors. Most of them a dark blue, but sometimes they turn into purple or green. There are hints of pink and yellow too. If I focus I see the colors turning a blue that's light and bright. These colors move like bubbles going around. You can never make them stay, I tried many time locking my eyes on one of the colorful shapes and they always run away.

Today I was there admiring the lights from inside of my eyelids. And I noticed a dot. It was like a very small hole and it would grow a little and then shrink and then disappear and then appear again. For some reason I started believing that it was a portal. It looked like a portal, it felt like a portal. At times it would widen and I thought I could see there was something on the other side. I got the urge to enter that portal and reach whatever it was that existed on the other side. I started saying "I want to get in, how do I get in?". After repeating the question a bunch of times I heard my own voice saying "You have to let go."

I don't know about you, but I talk to myself. And I usually give myself very good answers to my own questions and I give myself very good advice. Many times I don't follow my own advices, even if I know they are good. Now, I don't know if it's all in my head, if it is really just me talking to myself, if it's a higher being talking through me, or even some kind of collective consciousness. Fact is I don't even really know what or who I am. But the experience from today made me think there are many things in the universe that in order to be experienced need us to just let go. We are a community of control freaks. We think we can control everything and we are so afraid of just letting it be and go with the flow. But to be able to see what's on the other side we have to learn how to let go. Let go of our ego, of control, of logic, of the known.

Sometimes we have to just let go.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas